A Locksmith Company is required to have the following licenses to operate legally in California:
Locksmith Company Registration
* BSIS “Locksmith Company”
A Locksmith Company must register with the Bureau of Security and Investigative Services, A division of the California Department of Consumer Affairs.
California State Contractor's Licenses
* C-7 (LOW VOLTAGE SYSTEMS)
* C61 / D16 (DOOR HARDWARE, LOCKS, AND SAFES)
A locksmith company must obtain a license from the California state Licensing board. At a minimum, the company must obtain the C61 / D16 in order to do Locksmith Work.
If the company installs, or services, Electronic Access Control Hardware, then it must obtain the C-28 License.
* C-28 (ACCESS CONTROL AND SECURITY HARDWARE)
Magnolia Park Lock Shop has all of these Licenses.
What are the Consequences of not hiring a Licensed Contractor?
1. If the unlicensed contractor that you hired is injured on the job, then you are responsible to pay the Worker's Comp Claim. This is because they are your employee in the eyes of the law. A licensed Contractor is able to get the necessary insurance, including Worker's Compensation.
2. The only recourse for “bad work” is to take them to civil court. They technically cannot perform the work in the first place, therefore should not come back to fix incorrectly performed work. The CSLB can only criminally prosecute the unlicensed individual which does not help the owner in any way.
Look Up Our Licenses
The Company is Silicon Beach Integrated Security D.B.A. Magnolia Park Lock Shop.
Our BSIS Registry Number is #6958
Look up BSIS https://search.dca.ca.gov/
Our California State Contractor's License Number is #1034152
Source of laws: (Business and Professions Code sections 7027, 7029.5, and 7030.5, and California Code of Regulations section 861)